Spicy soup with beans and escarole
- 398 ml (1 can) cannelloni beans
- 20 ml (1 ½ table spoon) extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ml (½ table spoon) PeperOlio
- 1 escarole, about 1 lb (500 g) rinsed, drained and cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 baguette slices
In a skillet, brown the garlic in the oil, add the beans, bay leaves and chili peppers and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add the escarole to the beans and 1 cup of water and continue cooking for 20 minutes over low heat. Add salt and pepper.
For the croutons: Preheat the oven to 375 ° F. Arrange the slices of bread on a baking sheet and brush both sides with oil. Cook until golden, turning once halfway through cooking. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the slices, so make sure they don't burn. (Mine usually take 15-20 mins.)
Place two croutons at the bottom of each bowl, add the soup and serve.